Ghost Pepper, scientifically known as Bhut Jolokia, is one of the spiciest chili peppers in the world. Ghost peppers are not just known for their heat but also for the culinary excitement they bring to those who seek a spicy adventure. Here's a detailed description:
Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia):
The Ghost Pepper, or Bhut Jolokia, hails from the northeastern regions of India, particularly Assam, Nagaland, and Manipur. It gained international fame for its extreme heat, earning a spot in the Guinness World Records as one of the hottest chili peppers.
- Ghost peppers are generally wrinkled and have a slightly pointed tip. They can range from 2 to 3 inches in length.
- When fully ripe, their color varies from red to orange or even chocolate brown.
- Ghost peppers are incredibly hot, with Scoville Heat Units (SHU) ranging from 800,000 to over 1,000,000. This makes them significantly hotter than most common chili peppers, like jalapeños or habaneros.
- Despite their extreme heat, ghost peppers have a unique flavor beneath the intense spiciness. They often carry hints of fruity and smoky notes.
- Ghost peppers are not for the faint-hearted and should be used sparingly. They are popular for adding intense heat to various dishes and sauces.
- They are often used in curries, hot sauces, and spicy snacks.
- Ghost peppers are among the hottest chilies in the world, and consuming them can lead to extreme discomfort if not handled carefully.
- It's crucial to exercise caution when using them in cooking, and it's recommended to start with very small quantities.
- When handling ghost peppers, it's essential to use gloves and exercise caution, as their oils can cause intense skin and eye irritation.
Our ghost peppers are grown in Ecuador. They are picked at the peak of ripeness and dried.
The whole dried ghost peppers, including seeds are ground to a fine powder after they are dried. This is pure powder with no added filler or ingredients.
Oven dried ghost peppers - fresh ghost peppers are dried in an oven leaving just the natural flavor of the ghost peppers.
Smoked ghost peppers - fresh ghost peppers are dried in an oven and finished with fire which lends a smoky flavor to the dried ghost peppers.
- Grown in: